At Coastal Carolina Orthodontics, we are passionate about helping our patients achieve healthy, beautiful smiles. As part of this commitment, we’re constantly working to make orthodontic treatment more convenient and more effective for our patients.
While traditional metal braces are still the most popular form of treatment we offer at our Jacksonville, Morehead City, and Havelock offices, there’s a revolutionary alternative that’s helping people achieve a beautiful smile without the need for metalwork: Invisalign!
A Clear Way to a Beautiful Smile
Invisalign is a revolutionary alternative to braces that does away with metal wires, brackets, and bands. Invisalign relies on a series of clear, removable plastic trays that fit directly onto the dental arch to straighten teeth. These trays are called aligners, and they carry a number of advantages over traditional metal braces:
- Virtually Invisible: Invisalign aligners are made from a see-through plastic material, so they’re virtually invisible when worn. This means no one has to know you’re straightening your teeth, and you don’t have to worry about braces for school pictures, big presentations at work, or other major social events.
- Easily Removable: Invisalign aligners are completely removable, and it’s a snap to pop them in and out to eat, drink, brush your teeth, and floss. This means that you can still enjoy all your favorite foods, and maintaining proper oral hygiene is easy as ever!
- Superior Comfort: Unlike braces, which come with a plenty of pointy metal edges, Invisalign aligners are made from a smooth material and are custom-made for the comfort of your individual smile.
The Invisalign Process
The treatment process for Invisalign is similar to the treatment process for braces, and it goes something like this:
- First, we’ll bring you in for a comprehensive orthodontic examination. At this appointment, we’ll take all the measurements and information we need to create a fully-realized 3D computer model of your mouth and make a diagnosis.
- Based on this diagnosis, your orthodontist will create a personalized treatment plan.
- Your orthodontist will custom-manufacture a set of aligners for you based on this plan.
- You’ll wear each set of aligners 20-22 hours a day for two weeks before switching to the next set in the series. With each new set your teeth will move closer to the final position.
- Once you’re finished, you’ll have a beautiful, confident new smile!
Contact Your Local Invisalign Provider Today!
Does Invisalign sound like the orthodontic treatment for you? Whether you’re ready to start down the path to a new smile or have a few more questions you’d like answered beforehand, we’re here to help. Feel free to contact Coastal Carolina Orthodontics with your questions, or to schedule your Invisalign consultation today. You can reach us at our Jacksonville, Morehead City, and Havelock offices!